Friday, February 27, 2009

*ahem* "Fire!"

Ok, I've been working all day, so just a quick post tonight before I fall asleep at the keyboard.

The latest round of updates to the 3.1 patch notes have been released, and among other things, many of which had already been noted by other sources, two changes in particular regarding
hunters immediately caught my attention:

Ammunition: All types of gun and bow ammunition now stack to 1000. All quivers
and ammo pouches no longer provide haste. 15% ranged haste is now built in to
Hunter Autoshot.

The important thing to note is that the 15% haste now only
applies to Autoshot. This means that Hunters who were previously haste capped for Steady Shot now may not be. Secondly,

Explosive Shot: Base damage lowered by 10%. Attack power scaling reduced by
12.5%.

I haven't even run the numbers yet to see just how much this will cut my
damage by (tomorrow, tomorrow...), but this is a pretty significant throttling.


That's all I've got for now. Has anyone on the PTR been able to confirm these changes?

1 comment: